Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reuben Hills


It's strange how we drove pass by this street about billion times but we just never managed to go through here during the day. Fortunately, today we went around this area in the morning and finally got here. As to what we imagined, there are people lining up outside already.

Initially we really thought the banner was bent or something, but then we figured it's meant to be like that. Talking about creativity?

The water bottle really made us feel like it was from a foreign country or something...like those alcohol bottles from Russia, and one sip will make you drunk forever. Now I can see why people love this place, especially young people. There are loud music and small amount of lighting and this rusty feeling about this place, so it was almost like having a brunch in your best friend's giant garage.


Expresso & White Choco Milkshake $7.50

Umm...this just tastes like coffee, coffee, and more coffee. I don't know if it was due to the fact this arrived at same time as the Salted Caramel Milkshake, in which made this drink a bit dull comparatively.


Salted Caramel Milkshake $7.50

I've heard different stories about this particular drink, so I decided to try it myself to make a comment. The first sip was like...it gave me wings and I'm flying to lalaland. No seriously, the Salted Caramel flavour immediately spread to every corner inside your mouth, and left you wanting more. I found it quite addictive, it's sweet but not too sweet which is good. The only thing was, I was so full after half way through and it was so sad that I had to give up the rest.
 
 
The NOT Reuben-Wagyu salt brisket, pickled slaw, melted manchego & horseradish cream $16.00

We saw the word "Wagyu" and we went for it! We found the beef was a little salty, and the horseradish flavour was quite different to what we used to eat...Despite all that, I actually quite like it because it was perfect size, and the cucumbers, carrots etc balanced well with the fat from the meat.
 
 
SOFT baked eggs with shaved jamon, wilted spinach, ranchero sauce & rye sourdough $16.00

Oops, please excuse the fact there isn't sourdough included in the picture...
Now onto this dish, so far the highlight of the meal! Like when I finished I just want to go "OMFG that was the most wonderful food ever made on Earth!" I loved it, totally. The eggs were SOFT (reeeally soft that is), gooey, and bring you to heaven with the mixture of burning sauce. The thin layer of that shaved jamon added extra tastiness, and the wilted spinach completes the whole dish perfectly. I couldn't say more, it was absolutely amazing!
 
 





Here's a photo from the back view, and people were talking and smiling and seemed like they really enjoyed their time there!


The only regret we have from Reuben Hills was that we didn't get to try "Doggs breakfast", the ice cream sandwich with salted caramel. *Long sigh* By the time we finish the two dishes, we were completely bloated so we couldn't fit anymore food into our hopeless stomaches. But never mind, we will definitely be back, and next time I will be prepared to try all the other dishes even if it means my stomach will explode.



Address:
61 Albion St, Surry Hills NSW

Phone number:
(02) 9211 5556

Opening time:
7 Days 7am - 4pm (Sunday opens at 8am)


View Larger Map

Reuben Hills on Urbanspoon

No comments: